First Quarter Results
(All comparisons refer to the first quarter of 2021, except as noted)
- Earned record quarterly net income and diluted earnings per share.
- Increase in diluted earnings per share of 22.4%, to $.60 from $.49.
- Increase in net income of 16.8%, to $8.3 million from $7.1 million.
- Increase in return on average equity to 14.21% from 11.09%.
- Processed record quarterly transportation dollar volumes of $10.9 billion, a 37.3% increase.
- Increase in financial fees of $3.5 million, or 50.5%.
- Increase in average loans, excluding PPP loans, of $189.0 million, or 24.6%.
- Repurchased 124,874 shares of Company stock.
- Maintained exceptional credit quality.
ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 14, 2022-- Cass Information Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASS), (the Company or Cass) reported record first quarter 2022 earnings of $.60 per diluted share, an increase of 22.4% from the $.49 per diluted share it earned in the first quarter of 2021. Net income for the period was $8.3 million, an increase of 16.8% from the $7.1 million earned in the same period in 2021, also a record quarter.