Technical Sales Consultant
The Technical Sales Consultant supports the selling of managed mobility services and telecom expense management services to Fortune 1000 clients by providing technical expertise to support the sales process. The individual in this position partners with Regional Sales Managers to identify prospective client business needs, develop technical solutions that address those needs, and produce a proposal which is acceptable to the prospective client. Additionally, the individual in this potions contributes to developing sales presentation materials and provides technical and subject matter consulting during sales presentations.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the areas of managed mobility services and telecom expense management solutions to Regional Sales Managers to assist in new customer acquisition for the telecom division.
- Accompanies members of the sales staff on prospect visits. Provides technical sales support and subject matter consulting during sales presentations.
- Develops sales presentations and sales literature as needed, including process flows, implementation plans, statement of work, specification templates, business intelligence documentation, and other documents required by the sales and marketing department.
- Analyzes information received from prospect(s) to identify unique needs and assist in defining how Cass can meet those needs.
- Supports the RFP response process by developing custom content as needed.
- Performs software demonstrations to prospects through onsite visits and webinars.
- Conducts operations tours to prospective clients while giving a conceptual overview of our solution.
- Acts as back-up/replacement for Regional Sales Managers when they are unable to attend client meetings and visits.
- Performs special projects.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills with prospect executives and Cass staff and management.
- Proficient listening and questioning skills necessary to formulate the needs, objectives and business requirements of prospects.
- Effective presentation skills appropriate to audiences at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to translate a prospective client’s business and technical requirements into existing Cass’ service offerings and processes.
- Ability to create and maintain organized documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Travel up to 40%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, computer science, management information systems, telecommunications, or related fields or the equivalent related experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in business-to-business consulting, account management, sales, or sales engineering roles.
- 5 or more years of experience in the telecommunications or mobility industries.
- Proven experience delivering software demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven experience writing and/or responding to requests for proposals and delivering solution-oriented presentations.
- Proven experience in team selling environments featuring complex business solutions that include both software and services where solutions are frequently valued at over $20,000/month.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.
Remote - United States