Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist - Screener - Part-Time
The Part-Time, Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist - Screener operates and maintains a PC in a work-at-home environment. The individual in this position reviews invoices to determine customer liability and codes invoices according to customers’ and department procedures. Candidates for this position must have the ability to attend on-site training for 10-14 weeks, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Serves as data control associate by:
- Performing a manual review of all freight invoices to ensure they comply with the customer’s and department’s procedures.
- Applying codes to bills to expedite the entry of the data by the data entry department.
- Questioning discrepancies between the processing record, customer’s specific codes and freight bills, etc.
- Rejecting all bills which do not meet the individual company and/or standard department procedures by using specific reject codes.
- Develops an understanding of the basic transportation industry concepts and terms necessary for proper data entry.
- Understands the fundamentals of the billing/payment process.
- Develops a complete understanding of Cass generic procedures and customer-specific requirements.
- Logically plans work day by understanding and following all priorities.
- Performs duties in accordance with proper time/quality standard routine.
- Uses organizational skills to ensure no lost or missing bills.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Type 8,000 keystrokes per hour with accuracy.
- Must be able to comprehend and retain instructions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy.
- Good analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to consistently work scheduled hours.
- Willingness to work extra hours and learn new accounts as needed.
- Flexibility in adjusting schedules and/or account assignments as necessary.
- Must have home computer, internet connection, anti-virus software, and Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized training in keyboarding or prior keyboarding experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.