The Funding Specialist maintains and analyzes activity related to client funding. Performs research and analysis using a variety of sources, including extracting data from systems, contacting clients and working with the related business unit client account representatives to determine differences between funds requested and funds received. The individual in this position is responsible for maintaining high levels of quality and productivity.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Monitors and performs duties to enable proper flow of customer related funds by:
- Performing analysis and research to resolve funding exceptions.
- Contacts client and/or business unit client account representatives, as needed, to help resolve funding differences.
- Continuously reviews existing processes and recommends changes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Assists other team members, as needed, with daily reconciliations of U.S. and foreign currency operating accounts, bills payables matrices, accounts receivable, customer specific accounts, etc.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with co-workers and resources both internal and external to department.
- Communicates and collaborates with resources to achieve optimal support of operating divisions, resolve issues, and recognizing achievements through frequent and regular feedback.
- Ensures that procedures are developed and maintained for all assigned departmental tasks.
- Keeps the manager informed of any significant variances to standard departmental procedures and practices, including delays in resolving problems.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned including, but not limited to, supporting the design and testing of application and process changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Demonstrates a positive outlook and desire to work in a team environment.
- Exhibits logical problem solving skills.
- Reliable and able to be present when needed.
- Effective communication skills including excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate professionally with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Well organized.
- Ability to learn new systems and utilize them in resolving reconciliation items.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at the same time.
- Proficiency with PC and Windows applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.
Des Peres, Missouri