Business Systems Analyst I
Under the direction of the department manager, the Business Systems Analyst I represents Cass as the payment/information systems requirements resource for accounts during the design phase for the Transportation Information Services division. Meets with customers to determine system needs, communicates these needs within Cass to develop solutions; participates in implementation efforts with appropriate departments.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Design/Development Process
- Build system solutions for customers. The end product must accurately depict the operational/system requirements needed to meet the client’s needs.
- Drives requirements discussions by using defined discussion guides to aid in Cass’ understanding of the customers business as it relates to the payment/reporting of invoices and/or shipments, as well as to provide the design information necessary to commence systems requirements development.
- Analyzes information received from the customer and creates a detailed “requirements development” project plan with associated target and deliverable dates. Actively manages project timelines to ensure target dates are met.
- As necessary, conducts sessions internally within Cass to develop solutions to meet the needs and requirements presented by customer.
- Coordinates and conducts internal review meetings of systems requirements with management representatives from Client Relations, Client Programming, IT, Data Entry, EDI, Parcel and Audit. Updates requirements accordingly based on internal meeting feedback.
- Presents completed systems requirements to customer team for review and addresses any questions and updates the requirements accordingly.
- Implementation Process
- Upon receipt of customer system requirements sign-off, coordinates initial implementation efforts at Cass by distributing approved requirements to all necessary operational management staff.
- Enters the project request to initiate the project.
- Works with members of the Implementation Team to coordinate implementation project plan.
- Works with assigned Client Relations Account Representatives in transitioning implementation efforts to these individuals.
- Attends Project Review implementation meetings to monitor status of implementation and addresses questions, as necessary.
- Completes assigned implementation responsibilities as defined in the Implementation Checklist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- The ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, to senior executives of customers, as well as internal staff and management.
- The ability to research, analyze, and document a customers’ business as it relates to the services offered by Cass, or requested of Cass.
- The ability to recognize and consult with Cass Management on services required by Cass which are not within our current product offerings.
- An understanding of data processing application systems design and the ability to document same within system requirements.
- An understanding of accounting and financial reporting systems is preferred.
- An understanding of industrial transportation/logistics management information requirements is preferred.
- The ability to establish acceptable project timelines and manage the process based on these guidelines.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft products and related software applications used by Cass.
- The ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to successfully perform the job with little direct supervision.
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 20% of time. May include international travel.
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Logistics or related applicable field, or the equivalent related experience.
- A solid understanding of Cass and the operational aspects involved with supporting the services offered to our customers normally gained by one to three years of Cass customer contact and associated operational experience.
- Prior system design experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply” button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.