Utility Support Associate
The Utility Support Associate is responsible for the timely processing of internal invoice rejects and suspends, and maintaining Tandem files.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Researches payment history to determine action necessary to resolve exception bills according to client procedures and Cass standards.
- Completes site file updates in the Tandem system according to procedures.
- Contacts utility vendors, when appropriate, to obtain needed information and negotiate acceptable payment arrangements.
- Acquires, investigates and processes operations-related inquiries from internal departments and communicates the results to the initiator, ensuring all necessary internal documentation has been completed.
- Communicates and works in a professional manner with all Cass staff and external sources to maintain required levels of production and quality, and high levels of client service and satisfaction.
- Documents errors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares or reviews all required departmental reports and maintains accurate production time sheets.
- Attends periodic internal meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Works overtime as needed.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that will maximize responsiveness and facilitate development of a solid working relationship with both utility vendors and internal staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Pays close attention to detail and possesses excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Six months telephone and billing experience in a general business environment.