Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.
The Utility Support Associate is responsible for the timely processing of internal invoice rejects and suspends, and maintaining Tandem files.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Researches payment history to determine action necessary to resolve exception bills according to client procedures and Cass standards.
- Completes site file updates in the Tandem system according to procedures.
- Contacts utility vendors, when appropriate, to obtain needed information and negotiate acceptable payment arrangements.
- Acquires, investigates and processes operations-related inquiries from internal departments and communicates the results to the initiator, ensuring all necessary internal documentation has been completed.
- Communicates and works in a professional manner with all Cass staff and external sources to maintain required levels of production and quality, and high levels of client service and satisfaction.
- Documents errors in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares or reviews all required departmental reports and maintains accurate production time sheets.
- Attends periodic internal meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Works overtime as needed.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that will maximize responsiveness and facilitate development of a solid working relationship with both utility vendors and internal staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Pays close attention to detail and possesses excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Six months telephone and billing experience in a general business environment.