Customer Service Associate
The Customer Service Associate is accountable for facilitating accurate resolution of internal and external inquiries and issues pertaining to the processing of utility invoices for assigned clients. This position is also responsible for timely response to inquiries and issues, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Independently analyzes issues and processes, and clearly communicates, both verbally and in writing, to routine questions, processing issues, and requests according to company defined procedures/standards.
- Researches and analyzes payment history and recognizes when to contact vendors or customers to resolve exceptions and make payment decisions in a timely manner for all clients.
- Acts as a positive representative of the company, both internally and externally, making customers and their needs the primary focus of one’s actions by helping to develop customer relationships.
- Keeps management informed of significant issues that may require additional attention, or may threaten the account relationship, on a timely basis.
- Suggests changes and/or enhancements to existing procedures to improve service to clients and internal processes.
- Works independently and with other internal departments to coordinate file maintenance and client validation file/database updates.
- Seeks guidance from the appropriate resource on significant non-routine issues.
- Documents and reports on errors made by all other departments.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills that will maximize client responsiveness and facilitate development of a solid working relationship with both utility clients and other staff members.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as fax machine, copy machine, and telephone. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Good problem solving skills and attention to details.
- College-level course work in a general or business administration area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 months customer service experience in a general business environment or equivalent experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.