In the last year, priorities within the managed mobility services (MMS) market have shifted. The pandemic has dominated decision-making. It's put more pressure on MMS vendor capabilities and influenced buying behavior. To help you better understand the current MMS landscape, the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services, Global is available now.
Last year, Gartner highlighted that many enterprise organizations prioritized internal and operational efficiencies when searching for an MMS provider. While this remains a key factor in decision-making, the last 12 months have accelerated demand for MMS vendors with end-to-end regional and global capabilities.
Gartner has identified five core features of today's MMS landscape:
- "Strong logistic requirements": Factors such as COVID-19 have increased demand for global capabilities to source and distribute devices across geographically dispersed employees. In 2021, according to Gartner, "we see more references regarding reverse logistics and more effective asset tracking, staging and kitting."
- "More focus on automation and security": A key theme last year, automation and security are still prominent decision-making factors across the MMS market. Self-service tools, support bots, and virtual assistance are becoming more common, and enterprise businesses have more choice over what support options should be available to end-users.
- "MMS pricing has varied greatly": Gartner noted that "the range of price points for MMS have widened. Pricing has also become more granular, with several options to choose from, such as flat rate for a bundle or price per individual capability."
- "Still no dominant provider type": In 2021, there is still no dominant provider type within the MMS market. Gartner highlights that there are still several types of MMS providers, with no specific type dominating the landscape.
- "Objectives, buying behaviour and satisfaction": Customer experience remains a key decision factor for enterprise organizations. The cost efficiency of an MMS provider is now considered equally to operational efficiency.
What's in the Report?
- Market definition: Gartner defines current market requirements. What should an effective MMS offering include, how has MMS evolved, and what were the key trends of the last year?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: A comprehensive evaluation of MMS market vendors, including each vendor's strengths and cautions. Gartner evaluates MMS vendors based on market requirements and vendor capabilities. Then it places each vendor on its industry-recognized 'Magic Quadrant'. This is across four main categories:
- Niche Players
- MMS evaluation criteria: Gartner evaluates vendor capabilities across its 'ability to execute' and 'completeness of vision' criteria. The report weighs the importance of each priority within the MMS market, so you can attain a specialized view of the market.
- Market overview: Gartner highlights the five key factors that will influence MMS vendors in the next 12 months. This section of the report is vital for enterprise organizations and vendors alike looking to inform their decision-making and understand the current MMS market, and what may affect it in 2021 and beyond.
Download Your Copy of the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services, Global
We're delighted to offer a complimentary copy of the latest report. Get a trusted, independent, and objective view of the current MMS landscape. Download the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services, Global today.
Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services, Global, 2021, Katja Ruud, Leif-Olof Wallin, Bill Menezes, 6 April 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.