The Technical Writer/Documentation Analyst will be responsible for writing, structuring, and updating documentation resulting from the Global Processing System and ancillary development functions to aid in their use and support. This individual will work closely with Product Development, IT, and other teams to create, organize, edit, and maintain required documentation. Outputs will include a range of documents to be read by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of documents, including user guides and manuals, technical specifications, and training materials.
- Edit technical specifics and other application and project documents.
- Liaise with department heads and end users to define and identify business procedures and establish documentation needs for hardware and software
- Analyze IT project requirements to determine types of user documents needed.
- Collaborate with IT and development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Establish, communicate, and maintain documentation standards.
- Maintain documentation accuracy and organize storage repository.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new documentation tools and methods in support of documentation improvement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Hands-on technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology software and systems.
- Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles.
- Experience with word processing and diagramming tools, including Microsoft Word, Visio or other similar tools.
- Experience with various document management and collaboration tools, including Microsoft SharePoint.
- Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and interviewing skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving with the ability to absorb and retain information quickly including complex technical information.
- Ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or Journalism or equivalent work experience.
- Technology based background is desired but not required.
- 2+ years in technical writing role.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply” button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About Our Company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.