Senior Audit Analyst I
The Sr Audit Analyst audits all freight bills for assigned accounts in accordance with procedures.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Verifies freight bills for assigned accounts by ensuring that the amount charged by the carrier agrees with the rates on file for the customer.
- Develops and maintains auditing procedures for all assigned accounts.
- Requests all rate information not on file in accordance with procedures.
- Reviews rating output on daily audit exception reports and advises rate data base staff of any additions or corrections to be made.
- Researches all balance due bills for accuracy and prior payment in accordance with procedures.
- Informs clients of cost saving opportunities discovered in analysis of their traffic lanes and carrier usage, and communicate perceived vague or inequitable terms in their carrier contracts.
- Recommends changes and other enhancements that will improve the overall efficiency and quality of the processing.
- Responds to customer service inquiries when required.
- As business and departmental needs dictate, implements complex new accounts, ensuring accurate data output by utilizing validation files, automation tools, and Ratemaker.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- An extensive understanding of various carrier pricing, tariff, and contract rate application.
- A complete working knowledge of automated rating systems.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to perform with little or no supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills to represent the department to customers and others.
- Ability to handle the most complex audit applications.
- Extensive knowledge of automation tool usage and implementation.
- Superior communication skills with clients and associates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and internet navigation.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A theoretical understanding of transportation strategies and rate application/interpretation similar to that acquired in an academic field of study.
- 7+ years rating experience with a carrier, shipper, or equivalent Cass experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.