The Human Resources Generalist acts as a resource to managers and staff members on employment-related matters; recruits personnel to maintain appropriate staffing levels, assists in planning, organizing and executing human resources programs, policies and procedures that anticipate and support organizational needs. The individual in this positions has responsibility for the company safety program, new hire orientations, exit interviews, wellness initiatives and employee social activities. The Human Resources Generalist also acts as back-up on 401(k) and pension programs administration.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Recruits qualified candidates for vacant positions, which includes evaluating resumes and applications received, conducting telephone screening and initial interviews, arranging pre-employment testing and second interviews with the hiring manager, conducting reference and background checks, and preparing and extending employment offers.
- Conducts new employee orientation, including review of benefits and policies.
- Conducts exit interviews by phone or in person for staff members leaving the organization for any reason. Collects, analyzes and summarizes data for management review.
- Counsels employees who are seeking assistance and direction with regard to any aspect of their employment.
- Conducts employee investigations as needed and ensures timely and responsible resolutions.
- Works directly with department managers and supervisors to provide guidance, counsel and support on matters related to human resources and employment, including discipline, performance appraisal, hiring, firing, transfers and promotions.
- Assists managers with the preparation and accuracy of position descriptions and consults with the HR team on pay grades.
- Evaluates situations involving workplace injuries, makes appropriate referrals for medical assistance, assures that records are correctly maintained and workplace injuries are promptly reported to the workers’ compensation insurance company. Oversees all work comp claims to facilitate expedient return to work, and assists with workers’ compensation insurance renewals. Maintains responsibility for OSHA compliance, reporting and postings.
- Ensures compliance of the company’s Pandemic Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan and Emergency Response Plans, facilitating required committee meetings and annual reviews. Acts as backup on 401(k) and pension plan administration and participates in pension plan committee meetings.
- Recommends changes to existing personnel policies and new policies to facilitate the smooth operation of the company.
- Responsible for special projects related to the human resources function.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that provide the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels, both orally and in writing, as well as strong listening skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills that enable the completion of projects and day-to-day tasks through interruptions, with a high attention to detail.
- Exhibits high levels of professionalism and discretion, and the ability to consistently maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to follow through on projects and act as a change agent for the company.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to solve problems resourcefully.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws including EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, workers’ compensation and OSHA.
- Experience with ADP HRIS a plus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related area or equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience including management of full lifecycle recruiting, employee counseling, and administration of personnel policies.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply” button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About Our Company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.
Des Peres, Missouri