The Corporate Accountant is responsible for the coordination of the annual financial plan and the performance reporting system. This position coordinates activities related to the preparation of the annual proxy statement and prepares specific reports and documents related to various corporate accounting activities.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Coordinates the performance reporting system (PRS).
- Coordinates the annual financial plan, forecast and pro forma processes (legal and PRS).
- Performs financial analysis of business unit performance as requested by the CEO, CFO and business unit managers.
- Prepares acquisition analysis including financial modeling and due diligence.
- Coordinates efforts related to preparation of the company’s annual proxy statement.
- Prepares the proxy with input from HR for the CD&A section.
- Coordinates proxy disclosure rules with outside counsel, as necessary.
- Handles the administrative processes for proofing and filing with the SEC.
- Prepares and obtains the annual D&O questionnaires.
- Participates in investor relations including maintenance of information on Cass IR website, investor presentations, 10B 5-1 plan and annual meeting preparation.
- Administers activities related to employee stock awards (i.e. restricted stock and stock appreciation rights) including the following activities: annual grants, exercise requests, Form 4 reporting and vesting:
- Maintains files for directors’ and officers’ stock holdings.
- Maintains database for stock appreciation rights.
- Reviews 1099s prepared annually by corporate accounts payable.
- Coordinates content and maintenance of “important papers” files (hard copy and electronic).
- Coordination of the corporate-wide T&E reporting process including the related policy, procedures and system.
- Coordinates the company’s annual insurance renewal process.
- Completes reconciliations and supports management with analysis for the annual financial plan, profitability, and other miscellaneous projects for the Integrated Financial Solutions division.
- Special projects as assigned by senior management.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Preferred knowledge of SEC regulations with regard to proxy preparation and 10K rules.
- Proficient knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications and strong ability to quickly adapt to and learn software applications.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with various levels of company management and with external affiliates.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor degree in accountancy or business with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in accounting-related duties/responsibilities.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.
Des Peres, Missouri