Associate Customer Service Representative
The Associate Customer Service Representative is exclusively responsible for Freightpay accounts which includes all internal and external client related inquiries, overseeing the implementation of new accounts, monitoring the status of accounts, and facilitating client and organizational communication between Cass and Freightpay customers. The individual in this position will also provide administrative support to the client relations department.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Handling inquiries:
- Receives operations related inquires in the form of written and verbal communication from clients as well as written and verbal communication from within the Cass organization.
- Investigates all inquiries by asking pertinent questions of the inquirer to obtain needed information by accessing on-line files, referring to available reference and procedure manuals, working with other Cass departments, and using all available resources (microfiche, microfilm, internal reports).
- Initiates appropriate response by referring to departmental manuals, completing required paperwork, and initiating appropriate customer service inquiry records.
- Completes the inquiry process by communicating results to the client verbally or in writing as the situation dictates and ensuring that the inquiry has been thoroughly documented from beginning to end.
- Account maintenance:
- Suggests changes and/or enhancements to existing procedures to overcome operational deficiencies.
- Executes periodic operational reviews (processing analysis, reject analysis, or error analysis) in order to identify areas requiring improvement.
- Develops thorough understanding of each client's operational system.
- Facilitates processing of exceptional freight bills through established procedures.
- Coordinates client validation file maintenance.
- Coordinates operational procedure changes.
- Assists in the implementation of new accounts.
- Client communication:
- Conducts all client contact in a professional, courteous, and timely fashion.
- Initiates client contact through telephone calls as defined by departmental standards. Makes client aware of new products or services which could be of benefit. Initiates appropriate internal and client follow up actions and reports.
- Participates in selected client visits to Cass Logistics.
- Contributes to the maintenance of client operations manuals and develops additional client documentation as needed.
- Organizational communication:
- Actively participates in staff meetings to communicate client's concerns, suggestions, etc.
- Makes management aware of suspect or problem conditions that require additional attention or threaten the account relationship.
- Suggests updates to procedures and systems manuals.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the role of each of the operational departments.
- Communicates and works closely with operations and client systems to maintain high levels of service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Strong, well-developed interpersonal skills in order to maximize client responsiveness and develop a working relationship with current clients as well as the ability to work effectively with other departments of Cass and the client's organization.
- Well-developed organizational skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A general level of knowledge acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of customer relations experience in a technical service environment.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.