Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist - Freight
The Offsite Invoice Payment Specialist operates a PC in a work-at-home environment, entering data to pay freight invoices and report information.
Reviews invoices to determine customer liability and codes invoices according to customers' and department procedures.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Operates a PC by:
Entering required customer data by accurately interpreting a variety of source documents and coded information.
Performing required steps dictated by online programs and procedures.
Handling exception items per procedures.
Keying utility invoices from image (KFI).
- Serves as a data control associate by:
- Performing a manual review of all freight invoices to ensure they comply with the customers’ and the department’s procedures
- Applying codes to bills to expedite the entry of the data in the data entry department
- Questioning discrepancies between the processing record, customer’s reject form, and freight bills, etc.
- Separating all bills which do not meet the individual company and/or standard department procedures.
- Attaching specific reject forms or standard reject forms and forwarding for review by the Exception Control group
- Running add tapes on bills submitted without a statement. If statement is attached, verifying that a total is on the statement
- Understands the basic transportation industry concepts and terms necessary for proper data entry
- Understands the fundamentals of the billing/payment process
- Has a complete understanding of Cass generic procedures and customer-specific requirements
- Logically plans work day by understanding and following all priorities
- Performs duties in accordance with proper time/quality standard routine
- Uses organizational skills to insure no lost or missing bills
- Performs daily pickup/drop off of work according to assigned schedule
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
8,000 keystrokes per hour with accuracy.
Must be able to comprehend and retain instructions.
- High level of concentration
High level of accuracy
Ability to work independently
High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent experience
Specialized training in keyboarding or prior keyboard experience.
Please apply directly to this position via the "Apply Here" button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.