Manager, Data Entry
The Manager, Data Entry ensures the cost effective, timely, and accurate processing of client invoices through managing the utility invoice processing department. Key responsibilities include goal setting and ongoing monitoring of key performance indicators, promoting an attitude of quality excellence throughout the department, setting and maintaining production and throughput metrics, administration of personnel, and the development of a competent, motivated staff.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Goals and key performance indicators:
- Establishes and maintains department goals that consistently meet Cass standards.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators to ensure department goals are maintained.
- Develops and manages annual projects to improve department productivity and/or quality.
- Consistently looks for efficiencies and opportunities to reduce or control costs.
- Quality assurance:
- Maintains the quality assurance program for critical-to-quality data elements in order to consistently improve accuracy and client satisfaction by improving employee performance and allowing for data research by client and vendor.
- Oversees consistent application of department standards, procedures, and exceptions.
- Establishes and maintains quality control edits.
- Reviews client (including Urjanet) requests, evaluating feasibility and associated cost.
- Oversees EDI exceptions and reporting of quality concerns.
- Constantly encourages creative ideas to improve automation and system edits that improve data accuracy.
- Manages system enhancements and testing timelines and ensures proper documentation is maintained.
- Production and throughput:
- Maintains adequate staffing levels to achieve same day processing goal.
- Monitors reports to ensure consistent and timely processing.
- Ensures system issues are resolved in a timely manner. These may include the system going down or a remote employee unable to connect.
- Oversees the timely processing of Power Pay invoices and the release of suspended records including EDI.
- Manages the timely processing of invoice exceptions including workflow, barcode resolution, and reprocess functions.
- Personnel development and general administration:
- Ensures personnel policies and general operating procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Provides direct reports with annual review and quarterly feedback. Evaluates performance and makes salary/promotion recommendations as needed. Acts as a resource by providing ongoing coaching and assessing training needs.
- Oversees the application of performance improvement plans, and ensures proper procedures are followed for disciplining and dismissing employees.
- Manages the employee rewards program to promote employee satisfaction, help meet department quality and production goals, and reduce turnover.
- Hires supervisory staff and oversees the hiring and promotions within the department.
- Works closely with management concerning quality control and training programs.
- Manages additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- An understanding of data processing systems, specifically data entry and payment processing workflows.
- Knowledge in project management and quality assurance methods and processes in a high volume, production environment.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to analyze operational functions, processes, and workflow and understand interdepartmental relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships simultaneously.
- Ability to perform cost analyses and manage to required metrics.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to communicate and achieve goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of operations and leadership experience in a production environment of a service-related organization.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button below. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Cass Information Systems is the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for Corporate America’s freight, utility, waste and telecom expenses. We are a business-to-business solutions provider focused on invoice processing, payment, auditing and business intelligence services. We are strongly committed to providing consistently high-quality service to our customers and deeply committed to the welfare and professional growth of our staff.