Financial Services Representative II
The Financial Services Representative II analyzes customer activity to determine which Cass products/services best meet customer’s need/desire. The person in this position will be responsible for promoting and selling all non-credit products and services to prospects and existing clients, further augmenting business relationships, finding solutions to clients’ problems and following up to maximize client satisfaction. This individual also serves as liaison in bank/client and bank/vendor relationships.
Primary position responsibilities:
- Assists Loan Officers and Customer Service Supervisor by providing day-to-day services to existing and potential client base, serving as back up to each team. Resolves client issues and performs administrative services for the call center, including assistance with Cass Merchant Card Services, Cass/Elan Credit Card Services, and other non-credit products/services (i.e. internet banking, deposit connection, CDARS, etc.).
- Responds to client inquiries and problems using internal and external resources to find solutions. Follows up with clients, ensuring their needs and expectations have been met and optimal satisfaction has been achieved. Offers solutions to help clients become more efficient.
- Creates and fosters client relationships by becoming well versed in the operations and practices of the client’s business, prior to promoting, implementing and servicing deposit accounts and non-credit products to include treasury management products/services.
- Generates and presents proposals to clients, providing overview, demonstration and installation of products and treasury management services.
- Obtains agreements and other required documentation necessary to remain compliant with Federal banking regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Implements new products and services, following up with clients to confirm applications and services have been implemented according to client specifications and are being used correctly.
- Communicates and works in tandem with other departments in efforts of maintaining high levels of service.
- Reviews overdrawn and uncollected accounts assigned to customer service, determining which checks should be paid, upon manager’s approval. Closely monitors problem accounts to avoid financial loss.
- Contacts clients to collect on overdrawn accounts. Determines whether an account should be closed, notifying the client of the decision to do so. Performs same task for loan officers in their absence per officer’s instructions.
- Receives and processes payment instructions from clients. Researches and resolves payment discrepancies.
- Analyzes financial statements and client/prospect needs to qualify client/prospects for appropriate non-credit and non-deposit products and services. Monitors existing accounts in tandem with assigned loan officers, further determining revisions to products/services.
- Participates in the customer calling program by contacting assigned customers and/or making joint calls with executive management and client teams. Also makes individual calls as deemed necessary.
- Makes management aware of suspect or problem conditions that require additional attention or possibly threaten the account relationship.
- Processes requests from U.S. government and other third parties. Reviews requests to ensure compliance with federal and state banking laws. Responds to requests by obtaining the information needed. Prepares invoices for processing requests and collects on unpaid invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and minimum requirements:
- Strong, well-developed interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and internal staff.
- Takes the initiative to resolve problems and address customers’ concerns and needs.
- A thorough knowledge of bank services and products, including treasury management and electronic payment networks.
- The ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Proficiency in various computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and the internet.
- Must have general knowledge of federal and state regulations as applicable to the banking industry.
- Well developed organization skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to perform under pressure.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred, but equivalent experience will suffice.
- 3 years of banking or related equivalent experience to include direct customer contact, sales and operations.
- 3 years of work experience in an office setting.
Please apply directly to this position via the “Apply Here” button. You will be required to create an account and provide your resume, contact information and other pertinent employment information. This process typically takes 20 minutes or less. Should we find that you meet the minimum requirement of the position, a member of our recruiting team will be in touch to start the interview process.
About our company:
Founded in 1906 as Cass Avenue Bank, Cass Commercial Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cass Information Systems, Inc, the nation's leading provider of payment and information services for financial accounts payable, transportation, logistics and utility/energy needs. A Federal Reserve member bank, we are a niche-focused bank delivering personal service and an array of banking products. We serve two niche markets: privately-held companies in the greater St. Louis and southern California regions, and faith-based organizations nationwide. Additionally, Cass Bank provides safety, security and control in moving funds through the Cass operation.
Des Peres, Missouri